Sunday

My God, she loved boxes.

 Josie Corndog Rodgers

The worst dog I never wanted.

My daughter brought her home and begged us to take care of a "hospice dog" for her last days.
This daughter never asks a thing of us and loves dogs fiercely so it was impossible to say no.

We did not want or need another mouth to feed.  Nor another poop to scoop.  Certainly not another vet bill to pay. 

We got all of those. In spades.    

The dog was a giant pain in the ass.  She far outlived her six month prognosis.  She also defied the odds and several physical laws. 

I miss her every day.  

Next Christmas will be unbearable. There will be too many stockings, or maybe not enough.  I can't remember.

 This past holiday, I went looking for the Stockings that needed to be hung by the chimney with care.  Three were up, the fourth nowhere to be found.  I admitted that I needed help finding the fourth and couldn't imagine where I'd have left it... The 4 Human Beings that had matching plaid stockings sorted through boxes until one of us realized that we had forgotten j the story of the stocki

\

UsFourNoMore that used to occu   scoo


So here are a few things to know about Josey.  

She was bad.


We still have two other dogs.  Dogs who were here before Josey came in eating entire loaves of bread like she owned the place.  Two dogs who are so very good that I now can't bear the thought of losing them.  



They share a very large bed, and a huge place in my heart, mind, psyche, and soul.